The Bronte sisters, Emily, Anne and Charlotte were born along with their brother Branwell at the Bronte Birthplace in Thornton in Bradford before moving to the parsonage at Haworth where they wrote a range of English literature classics - including "Wuthering Heights" and "Jane Eyre", etc.
Books by and about the Brontes and Bronte Country
Places associated with the BrontesFor details on the places where the Bronte sisters lived and wrote their classic novels, please visit:
More information about the BrontesFurther information about the lives and works of the Brontes can be found on the following websites, newsletters and mailing lists (listed in approximate alphabetical order):
- Bronte Blog
- Bronteana Blog
- The Bronte Family - website by Meredith Birmingham.
- Bronte Parsonage Blog
- Bronte Sisters Web (maintained by Mitsuharu Matsuoka, Nagoya University)
- The Bronte Sisters (maintained by Cecilia Falk)
- Bronte Sisters Links
- The Bronte Society
- The Brontes (maintained by Sadaf Malik)
- The Brontes.com
- Charlotte Bronte (maintained by Felice Aull, NYU)
- Charlotte Bronte - information and links to other Bronte sites from Women Celebrities.
- Charlotte Bronte Pages (maintained by Brown University as part of the Victorian Web project)
- Charlotte's Web (maintained by Susan Castellon Lunsford)
- Emily Bronte
- Emily Bronte - information and links to other Bronte sites from Women Celebrities.
- The Emily Bronte Page
- English Resources (Bronte links) from Chalkface
- Hitotsubashi University Library Bronte Pages (1) (in Japanese)
- Hitotsubashi University Library Bronte Pages (2) (in Japanese)
- Jane Eyre (theatre production - on tour)
- Jane Eyre and Charlotte Bronte Resources
- Jane Eyre: The Musical, Novel and Movie
- Jean Wainman's Bronte and Haworth Pages
- We Wove a Web in Childhood - the Brontes at Home (a fictional work concerning the Brontes by Ruth Thomas)
- The Wonderful World of the Brontes
- Wuthering Heights
To access a full list of places to visit and practical information about Bronte Country , (including where to stay, where to eat etc) please see our main contents page, or alternatively return to the Bronte Country home page.