Oxenhope is the terminus of the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, an authentic steam railway which runs along the valley to Haworth and on down to Keighley. Above the village is the hamlet of Leeming.
Oxenhope is also famous for hosting the Oxenhope Straw Race which usually takes place sometime in July.
Accommodation in and around OxenhopeThe following (externally maintained) websites provide accommodation in and around the area (and are listed in approximate rotating alphabetical order):
- Honeysuckle Cottage - 5 star YTB inspected cottage in Oxenhope, near Haworth.
- Upwood Holiday Park
- Barn to Rest - Lovely converted Yorkshire stone barn dating back to 1823 with large private garden offering luxury accommodation. Round corner from Oxenhope Worth Valley Railway Station.
- LateRooms - accommodation in and around Oxenhope
- The Leeming Wells Hotel - Oxenhope, near Haworth
Other Oxenhope websites
The following (externally maintained) Oxenhope related websites may also be of interest:
- Manorlands Hospice - Sue Ryder Care Home (in Oxenhope)
IMPORTANT: Please note that links and text may refer to web pages which are maintained elsewhere (i.e. not on the Bronte Country website). The information listed on these external sites (as well any descriptive text included above) are supplied by external third parties whose products and services are independent of, and not necessarily endorsed by Eagle Intermedia Publishing Ltd. Please read the copyright notice and disclaimer for further details.